Image Map

Chocolate Covered Frozen Fruit Bars

Monday, June 30, 2014

“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Fruttare, but all my opinions are my own. #itsallgood #pmedia  http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

I have a super yummy, frozen treat to share with you today. It's pretty much amazing and absolutely the easiest thing to make...ever.  It would be such a fun activity for kids because you can make each one different. Here's how to make these amazing chocolate covered frozen fruit bars.


The best part about this "recipe" is that you can totally cheat by using store bought fruit bars. Of course you could make your own, but who has time for that? I stopped by Price Chopper and grabbed these Fruttare Bars (but they are available at most stores nationwide). I got Mango and the berry and milk variety.  Any fruity frozen bars will work, but these are so yummy. It's the first time I've tried them and they are so natural and fresh tasting.



You will also need chocolate chips (I got dark chocolate because that's how I roll) and toppings.  I chose sea salt, coconut, sprinkles and nuts. But you could go crazy with mini m & m's, crushed up cookies, white chocolate, really anything your heart desires.


First, you want to melt your chocolate chips. I just do mine in the microwave and stir every 30 seconds until melted.


Next, you will dip your fruit bars. I actually just kind of spooned the chocolate over the bars until evenly coated.


Once that is done, quickly sprinkle on your toppings. This is where little hands love to help.
sprinkles.

coconut.

sea salt.

and a little bit of everything.


Set your bars on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and freeze until the chocolate is fully hardened. This will only take a few minutes. Any leftover bars can be stored in a ziplock baggie in the freezer.


They are so cheerful!


And once that chocolate hardens, it forms a nice shell to bite into. Yum.

Go make this yummy summer treat today!

To learn more about Fruttare, visit their Facebook page.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin