Is anyone in the mood for spring cleaning? I recently took a look at my cleaning supplies and tried to weed out anything harmful. I feel like now that I have kids, it's my social responsibility to keep my home chemical free for the most part! I've compiled a list of very basic things to keep my house in tip top shape using more kid friendly ingredients.
In addition to my homemade cleaning supplies, I found some new all purpose cleaner from Walgreens with no harmful chemicals. I thought I'd give it a try since Reid isn't a fan of my homemade all purpose cleaner.
Anyway...back to the checklist! I like to keep my cleaning products all in one spot. I found this basket at the dollar store.
This is what is in my basket:
1. Microfiber cloth - works much better than a regular cloth in picking up dirt. Use for windows, counters, wooden surfaces, electronics...anything!
2. Microfiber dusting mitt - I love this little thing because my girls think it's fun to use. I can quickly dust without using any dusting spray. Just wipe down any surface that needs dusting!
3. Rubber gloves - I find I do a much more thorough job as long as I'm wearing gloves. I found these cute ones at Marshalls.
4. Baking Soda - This stuff cleans anything. I sprinkle it on sinks or counters for an abrasive cleaner.
5. All Purpose cleaner - Either make your own or buy a bottle that is chemical free!
6. Vinegar and Water - Use for windows, wood floors, bathrooms...really anything! Add some essential oil if you can't stand the vinegar smell.
7. Old toothbrush - this is a must for getting in those hard to reach spots!
Want more ideas for DIY cleaners? Check out all of my recipes!
Homemade Cleaning Wipes
All Natural All Purpose Cleaner
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner
All Natural Fabric Softener
Liquid Laundry Detergent
Homemade Foaming Soap