Image Map

Kitchen Sink Organization

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Rubbermaid, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #RMDishRack  http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV


I don't know about you, but I feel like my kitchen sink is always an ongoing battle.  Even when the dishwasher is fully loaded and running, there are still the pots and pans and other fragile dishware sitting in the sink. I'm usually too lazy to wash them right away, so they just sit there. It hit me the other day that I should just invest in a countertop dish rack and reorganize things to set me up for success. Duh! After doing this, I feel like the kitchen sink is now a happy place!




First, I headed to Target and used a 15% off Cartwheel coupon to score this heavy duty Rubbermaid Dish Rack to help with my sink clutter battle.


This was my sink. It deceivingly looks somewhat clean...




But the overspill of dishes that didn't fit in the dishwasher and fragile things are always lurking.


I had rigged up this cake stand to hold my soaps and sponges (they were living in the flower pot), but it just always seemed nasty and dingy.


The dish soap holder lost it's top and then just looked like this always. Yuck.

So, like any good DIY-er and thrifty girl, I headed to the thrift store to see if I could come up with an easy solution. I immediately spotted these office supply organizers and I knew they had potential.


I invisioned my empty nook right here....


And so after a little oil rubbed bronze spray paint,



That little nook was transformed into this:


The pencil/paper holder was the absolute perfect size for holding sponges!! And the small shelf fit a nice new shiny glass dish soap holder, a tiny dish for the scrubber and a new friendly succulent.


That pot with the nasty sponges also acquired a new friend for the kitchen


And now my pots and pans and too-big-for-the-dishwasher stuff can hang out in the Rubbermaid Dish Rack, which really does get the job done! (Why was I wasting my time with hand drying? Just stick those wet suckers on this rack and it does all the work.)

Yay! Just a few small changes makes this space fresh and happy!


8 comments :

  1. What a great idea! It looks really nice in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you attach the upper holder ( Sponges) ? And what material is your cabinet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the curtain for your window? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.whirlpool quiet partner ii blinking lights

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chief capabilities associated with a home seem to be to help you keep, prepare yourself and additionally make meals diet and additionally to try and do corresponding projects just like dishwashing.how to remove shower head

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pretty important functions of one's kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to accomplish related tasks including dishwashing.hdmi ports t working vizio

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.how to remove shower head

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin